Feet hurt for child. Bottom of one foot hurts badly. Problem?

my 3 year old has been complaining that her feet hurt and she is having a hard time walking for the past few days. then tonight out of nowhere she starting screaming and saying the bottom of one foot hurt really bad. The pain seems to come and go tonight. The bottom of her one foot up by her toes is very red. Any idea what this could be?
Asked On : Sat, 12 Oct 2013

Thanks for writing to health care magic.
I can understand your concern.

That could be because of some infection or inflammation. Trauma could be another cause. A physical examination is required to identify the exact cause.
Please take her to the paediatrician for a physical examination and further investigations depending on the physical examination findings.

Continue to ask further queries as required.
Hope this helps.
Dr Y V Siva Sankara Murty
M.D.(Pediatrics)
Associate Professor of Pediatrics