Feels lightheadedness. Test shows rapid heartbeat. Taking atenolol 50 mg. Will this cause BP to go low?

I have had lightheadness for 9 yrs now, all test come back fine. Well I have recently had a tilt table test and a 24 hour holter. These test show that I have a rapid heart rate . They think this is the problem this is causing the lightheadness. During the tilt table test my HR stayed in the 130 s not sure what the holter monitor showed as he didn t tell me. He prescribed me atenolol 50mg PO QD. My BP stayes around 110/60. Will this drug cause my BP to go to low? And can a rapid HR cause lightheadness for 9 yrs?
Asked On : Sun, 6 May 2012