Feeling pain in ribs. What is the cause and cure?

i am felling light pain ribs and whenever i am in a posture of sleep there is a mild pain in my front left two ribs and whenever i yawn i cannot complete it in the middle of my yawning there will be a light pain in my lower ribs. and whenever i am in a position where my chest is parlleal to the ground there light pain will occer in my ribs. what is the reason and and wat is the cure
Asked On : Fri, 18 May 2012
Dear sir,
The pain in the ribs can be due to multiple causes. Depending on your age these causes need to be ruled out. The most common cause will be osteoporosis and specifically gives rise to pain when the ribs have become weak and cannot support the muscle attachments . The pull of these muscles specially during exerted inspiration and expiration ( cough, yawn) can give rise to pain. The first thing to do will be to get a chest xray and meet an orthopaedic surgeon who in turn can suggest you further tests.