Feeling of people watching, hearing voices in the head, scared of shadows. Need treatment

Hi, Im 13 and me and my dad both have had bad paranoia . At night I see shadows across the room, and when i go into a public restroom i always check under the stalls because i get scared someone is watching me. My dad sees these dark shadows that watch him and he cant move. He hears voices in his head. When I m sleeping i have to have a light on or sometimes I go into my parents room i get so scared. They are watching me. And I dont even know who they are. How can I figure out what is wrong without going into a actual doctor?
Asked On : Sat, 7 Jul 2012
The only way to know your problem is to get yourself evaluated by a psychiatrist. There is no shame in accepting your problem and getting it properly treated. Most of the times, psychotherapy is enough to cause improvement.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you.
Dr. Praveen Tayal