Feeling of obstruction in anus, purple lump in anus. Have constipation and itching

Hello, I m a 22 year old female and this afternoon I ve felt like there is something in my anus , like just on the inside.. When I inspected with a mirror for fear of worms I noticed a deep purple/blue spongy lump on the lining of my anus... I prodded it and could squeeze it feeling it could be a blister of some sort... I have suffered from constipation and have done for many years ... I have suffered from itching when I ve torn and its healed but I m just worried its something serious! ... I don t want to go to doctors because , well it s embarrassing :/
Asked On : Tue, 25 Dec 2012
Hi , Since you have a history of constipation , the lump you feel protruding at anal verge might be a hemorrhoid(piles) .You should try avoiding constipation by taking high fiber diet and maintain good hydration . In case it does not helps , try taking some laxative. In case the hemorrhoid protudes with straining or while defecation or bleeds, then you might need to consult your physician. Hope it helps.