Feeling of ligament twisting near throat during burping, persisting soreness. What could have happened

A little bit ago I had burped and at roughly the same time it felt like a ligament or something get twisted or knotted up. It was a bit painful, maybe a 4 out of 10. The twist was near the front left of my throat at roughly the top of my adams apple. I twisted my head ahead to see if I could pull the twist out. Putting tension on the twist was a little painful. After about a minute I could feel the twist snap loose. The pain and tightness are gone. Now its just a little sore. I was outside in the cold so I was shivering at the time. What on earth happened? Should I be concerned?
Asked On : Wed, 9 Jan 2013