Feeling of goosebumps, head tingling, brightened vision, nausea leading to fainting post running a mile. Dehydration?

Hello, I went running today and about at mile 3 suddenly I felt goosebumps on my arms, tingling on my vision started to brighten...I stopped running, felt nauseus, sat down, put my head in between my legs for about 10 min. But I forced myself up because I needed to get home. I stood up walked across the street and am told that I started walking in the middle of the street onto oncoming traffic and then fainted. Was this dehydration? I just don t understand why my eyesight brightened.....
Asked On : Fri, 18 May 2012
Emergency Medicine Specialist 's  Response
Thanks for writing your query.

After reading your post, it seems that you might have suffered from Vasovagal attack. In this blood supply to brain decreases for few seconds resulting in fainting. Consciousness is regained when the blood supply to brain gets normal.

You should get your blood pressure and pulse rate monitored.
Also get an Electrocardiograph(ECG) and a CT(Head) done to rule out other causes.

You should drink rehydrating fluids and eat a healthy diet.
Also get yourself clinically examined.

I hope this is helpful to you.