Fall on the right side, have shoulder pain, hurts to cross legs, on moving to either side while sleeping, swelling on pelvic bone. Cause?

Hi, I fell on the ice a few days ago, at the time I felt fine but the next day woke to some pain, I had my hands in pockets and fell awkwardly on my bottom but more on my right than my left side. My right shoulder seems to have a very mild ache but I am not too worried about that. It is my side/hip and top of left leg that is my concern. I can walk around normally and have no pain while resting - sitting or laying down. But if I cross my left leg I get pains through my top left leg and side, same if I move my body to the right or lift my body from laying down, or move to either side when laying down and also when I lfit my leg higher than a normal step would be. I have also noticed a slight swelling where my pelvic bone is, on the left I cannot feel the bone on the right I can. I think I have just pulled a ligament in my hip or something, but just wondering if that was definitly the case. thanks, vicki
Asked On : Mon, 28 Jan 2013
Hi Vicki, I think u may have pulled a muscle. Since u fell on ice, there is probably some soft tissue injury as well. I dont think theres any need to worry. U should take an analgesic after consulting your family doctor, do some hot water formentation and i guess the pain should go away in less than a week. If it does not, then u need to see an orthopaedic surgeon and get urself examined and take his opinion on this.