Fall on the knees, bruising and swelling, difficulty in bending, numbness on knee cap, normal X-ray, on immobilizer and crutches. Help?

I fell on both of my knees but the left on bursied and started to get swollen right away. I can bare a little weight but not much and I can t bend it with out screaming in pain but it also feels tight on the inside of my knee up into my thought. The upper part of my knee cap also feels numb. The er dr took X-ray 4 hrs after happend and said everything look fine. He put me in an immobilizer and crutches please help.
Asked On : Thu, 20 Sep 2012