Faint purple ring formed where needle inserted to take blood, feeling sick. Is it normal?

Hi. I am 16 and today I tried to give blood . When the nurse initially inserted the needle she missed my vein . Her and another nurse spent a good 10 minutes moving the needle around in my arm and eventually gave up because i wasn t bleeding well. They told me I would be sore and would bruise but I have a faint purple ring around where they inserted the needle. It is bigger than my palm. Also I feel very sick. Is this normal? Should I be worried?
Asked On : Fri, 16 Nov 2012