Face injured. Why did that cause problem breathing? Will effect heart?

When i was about 5 years ago while traveling in train a bag fell from overhead compartment on my face. IT did hurt for a while but then everything was ok. During later years i did have some problems breathing . I breathe through my mouth at times. Now i am 35 and contacted an ENT surgeon and he advised a surgery for Septoplasty . He said i may experience heart problem in future if i do not do the surgery. I am nervous and seek second opinion. Is the surgery necessary? Can medicines treat this problem?
Asked On : Sat, 26 May 2012