Face and leg swelling, loss of teeth, chronic cough with white sputum. Treatment?

My 76 year old dad s face swells every morning(for almost a year now). Lately his feet have followed suit. What could be the problem? He had retired from work but could not bare sitting at home and went back to work. He wakes early in the morning takes breakfast and goes for work. He is always in the field not in the office and i think his diet is not good considering that he hates food prepared from outside his home. He has been losing teeth . hOW CAN I HELP HIM? He has had for over 2years this on and off a chronic cough with white sputum(sometimes very little).
Asked On : Sat, 14 Jul 2012