Extreme pain when tongue is pulled out. What can relieve pain?

I have what feels like a pulled tongue muscle. It hurts to stick my tongue out and causes extreme pain to swallow . Almost feels like a cramp in my throat or in the area my tongue connects to throat. What could cause this and what can I do to relieve the pain and make it go away? Also the area under my chin where the underside of my tongue would rest is sore to the touch or when pressed on. Please help ASAP!
Asked On : Sun, 20 Jan 2013
  Anonymous's Response
hi i know this is late in the request but others may be interested, i have suffered from this myself a few times in my life, first off i am NOT a doctor nor have i been educated in ANY way in the feilds of medicine. when this occurs i find my home to be real dry in the air and most cases i wake up with it. what i do to deal with it is take 2 extra strength acetaminophen 500 mg every 4 hours or so and it takes about a day and in worse case sinerio it takes 2 days but on second day the pain is very tolerable compared to day one when its excruciating to swallow or stick out my tongue

hope this helps all interested in this condition

love and light to all