Extreme pain in neck and right hand, had degenerative disc disease. Feel cracking sound opening the mouth. Is it results of accident?

My car was rear ended at approx 60mph about 3 months ago and I was told that I had degenerative disc disease . My neck and the top right hand side (near the neck) is extremely painful and I cannot lift any heavy eg. shopping bag with my right hand. What I have now noticed that if I yawn or open my mouth a large crackling sound can be heard in my ears and I can feel the crakling along my jaw line. I ve just been told by people near me that they can also hear the cracking sound - could this be a result of the accident or should I get it investigated further?
Asked On : Sat, 9 Feb 2013
Rheumatologist 's  Response
Dear madam,

Thank you for posting your query on HCM.

well yes you need to get it investigated further . Cervical spine is a very sensitive area and even mild compression can lead to severe problems . any kind of disc problem needs to be evaluated . Cervical pain may radiate to ulnar border of hand . So the cervical disc degenaration may be the cause of all your problems .

Hope it answers your query.

If you have any queries feel free to ask .

Take care .

Dr. Shruti