Extreme pain in knee, taken stem cell injection for stage 4 degeneration. Should I go for total knee replacement?

Hi, Im a 42 year old active/fit Irish man, I have stage 4 degeneration in my left knee, underwent stem cell injection 7 weeks ago, not sure if working , knee remains very painful, Im revisting my Surgeon in coming week and Im very apprehensive as to what he will advise. I feel Im too young for a total knee replacement , which he has recommended prior to trying stem cell injection. Would you have any advise. Kind Regards, Patrick
Asked On : Thu, 24 Jan 2013