Extensive mucoperiosteal thickening throughout the visible paranasal sinuses and air-fluid levels in the right sphenoid sinus. Help?

After having a CT scan done to see what is going on behind my ear drum. (I have had 5 tubes put in my ear drum in the last 5 years because my eustachian tube does not drain the liquid properly). They found extensive mucoperiosteal thickening throughout the visible paranasal sinuses and air-fluid levels in the right sphenoid sinus. They took a culture yesterday because the ear got infected again from the tube I had put in 2 months ago(this is the 3rd infection). They stated they will probably have to remove the tube and then we will decide what to do about the draining issue. Should I be worried about all of this? The Dr. doesn't seem to be but after looking online I'm finding all kinds of problems that can result from what I have going on in my sinuses and mastoids. Should I be having surgery to correct these issues?
Asked On : Mon, 8 Apr 2013