Exposed to dust, itchiness on face, neck, armpits, becomes red after scratching. Cure?

As Records Officer, I am exposed to dust coming from old files. Because of this, I usually experience itchiness in some parts of my body, usually from face, neck and armpit which becomes red after so much scratching . I have been taking some antihistamines these past several months to remedy my condition. What should I do to remedy this condition?
Asked On : Sat, 27 Oct 2012
Hello noreen
You are suffering from chronic allergy to dust. If the antihistamines are not helping then you must consult a dermatologist and get a test done for identifying the allergens to which you are sensitive and avoid them. The other method is to get a desensitization done wherein you will be exposed to allergens in incremental doses till the time you get adjusted to them. I hope i have clarified your doubt.