Experiencing right shoulder pain, numbness in fingers. Had ultrasound, diagnosed with torn rotator cuff. How to cure?

Hello Doctor
I am a healthy 64 year old male with no history of medical problems of any kind.

Began experiencing right shoulder pain and has become more severe. Following an ultrasound I was diagnsed with a torn rotator cuff...the one at the top....doesn't really rotate like the others. I also have numbness of the two outer fingers in my right hand. Pain is most severe in the morning on arising

Had an MRI on the shoulder and neck last weeek and awaiting results.....what is the likely outcome?

Is therapy the only option? Anti inflmatories have little effect it seems.

Grateful for an opinion.
Asked On : Wed, 3 Apr 2013