Experiencing dry mouth and throat all day long. Accumulating brownish crusty like something around lips. Constantly wiping to get it off. What could it be? Currently taking many medicines, open heart surgery soon

I am a 70-year-old female facing open heart surgery soon. I am taking a lot of medications (Xarelto, Torsemide, Atenolol , Wellbutrin, Synthroid , Gabapentin , Mirapex , Clonazepam , Pravastatin, Uloric...I think that s s enough!) I am experiencing extremely dry mouth and throat not only when I wake up, but all day long. Nothing helps...not even toothpaste and mouthwash for dry mouth. I go to the dentist on a regular basis, so I don t believe a dental problem is the cause...oops, I forgot to mention the thing that is bothering me the most. I don t really know how to describe it, but I accumulate a brownish crusty-type something around my lips, especially in the corners of my mouth. I wake up with it and it continues to form all day long. I am constantly wiping my lips with a tissue to get it off. What could it be?
Asked On : Sat, 23 Jun 2012