Experiencing cough and shortness of breath. Why am I feeling this?

Hello, my name is cindy I am a 21 year old women, and well I have a question that ii started to nvolves in my health. Today at 10pm I was feeling short out of breath and also experienced coughing and weezing. At least that s what my partner told me, because I asked him to hear my breathing . My godparents told me that when I was born the put me on some kind of machine for me to ba able to . Though it has been over 20 years and I have never experienced this before in my life, also my father smokes and has smoked around me since I was 5 years old, and well I was wondering what I have. Also when I exercise I feel out of breath and it s hard to breath. Thank you
Asked On : Wed, 19 Dec 2012