Excruciating throat pain, suggested infectious nucleosis; Prescribed Zobid, Betnezol, still pain. What do I do ?

I have a excrutiating throat pain that has lasted for more than 10 days now. I was initially prescribed antibiotics for sore throat but after 3 days there was no effect. A second opinion suggested I had infectious neucleosis; which was viral and therefore antibiotics were not working. I was prescribed zobid and betnezol which immediately gave me relief. After 5 days; the pain subsided; I was well; but again 2 days later; the pain came back. The doctor now thinks it could be bacterial again. This pain is killing me. Salwater gargles; Tantum gargles; antibiotics do not work. Only zobid seems to give mild relief. I am not supposed to continue betnezol anymore. What do I do?
Asked On : Fri, 22 Mar 2013