Excessive hunger even after eating. What could be the cause?

hi, for aabout a week now I ve been experiencing a constant feeling of hunger no matter how much I eat. I eat all health home cooked meals so its not like I m just filling myself with unbeneficial fillers. for example last night i ate a huge steak, a large amount of potatoes and asparagus and felt life I had not ate all day afterward. I had 2 peanut butter sandwiches about an hour later and still went to bed feeling hungry. I am average size for my height and age and very healthy lifestyle.
Asked On : Thu, 19 Jul 2012
Thanks for posting query.
This type of increased appetite is very common in diabetes and some CNS tumor so please do a blood for fasting and post prandial glucose estimation as early as possible and consult your physician for further management.
Wish you a speedy recovery.
Dr Sourav Ganguly