Excessive heating up of plastic wrapped food. Is that harmful?

I m not entirely sure which this is categoried under but I ll just go ahead with it anyway. So my dad always packs his lunch in microwave safe containers but lines the tops with plastic sandwich bags to prevent leaking, however when he goes to reheat his lunch he doesn t remove the plastic. His reasoning I honestly have no clue why he continues, no matter how many time me and my mother say its damaging for his health. What I m trying to say is he heats up his lunch to the point where he the plastic melts and he has to peel it of from his food
Asked On : Tue, 26 Feb 2013
Hi ! Yes plastic is harmful, and specially when it melts and gets stuck to the food, it definitely is. He should be counselled strongly not to do this as it may harm his health. Good luck.