Excess saliva in mouth post sickness. Could this be due to Crohn's disease?

Hello, i was sick on saturday night due to a sickness bug and its been 48 hours since my last sickness episode. However since it seems i have excess saliva and as soon as ive swollowed the saliva i have more in my mouth, why is this happening and could it be related to chrons disease as over the last 2 months my gp has suspisions i may have that due to regular stomach cramps and red blood spots. Thanks laura (21yrs)
Asked On : Fri, 8 Feb 2013
Gastroenterologist 's  Response
This is not a symptom of Crohn's disease.

What you have mentioned could be probably a water brash. Water brash is a symptom of gastroesophageal reflux disease.
You can take prilosec for relief.
Dr.Ratnakar Kini