Everything speeds up in my head extremely unpleasant, please give me suggestion on this

Hi, i have a query on another users query titled "Everything speeds up in my head Extremely Unpleasant". I have the same problem. As that user has explained, when this happens actions and sounds including voices speed up to a very unpleasant point. It happens when i least expect it. I have not yet been to the doctors to find out wha it is, but i have talked to a neurologist about it and has told me he has never heard anuthing of the sort. If anyone has any information about this please tell me. Also I think it only affects males. My father and brother have it or have experienced it, yet my sister hasnt. Thank you.
Asked On : Fri, 9 Jul 2010
Hello, welcome to Healthcaremagic. The issue you have presented is very unusal and requires thorough evaluation. You must visit a psychiatrist. He would be able to help you in a better way after complete examination. Wish you good health.
  Anonymous's Response
I've experienced this or something similar for years. Everything in my perception speeds up; sounds, voices, movements. It's not as simple as that though. It's very hard to describe. I can also feel it coming on in my head as it intensifies; like something is charging or warming up. From the build-up, to the peak, to when it's gone, it lasts anywhere from 5 to 15 minutes.

The strangest thing is that when it does happen, it starts when I am reading. I'll be reading through paragraphs (usually on computer but print sources as well) and I'll start to feel that intensifying, build-up feeling. I am not diagnosed with any physical or mental illnesses and I don't take any medications. It's not so much scary to me as it is unpleasant and frustrating that I don't know what it is or how to find out. As I said before, it's very hard to describe without sounding a little crazy. I'm glad to hear I may not be the only one who experiences this. I would be very interested in finding out what it is or at least more about it.
  Anonymous's Response
This happens to me too. I'm a 26 year old male. It's happened to me for as long as i can remember. it only happens like 10-15 times a year and it only lasts about 5-15 minutes.

it seems to happen at the most random times, like when i'm just sitting around quietly. it happened today while i was meditating.

i don't find it unpleasant at's just very strange. actually, i would even say that it is PLEASANT. it's as if everything is just moving super fast, even though logically i know that it isn't. thoughts, voices, movements...time in general is just experienced as if it is in fast forward. but the strange thing is that i don't feel like i can't keep up...because my thoughts/movements/awareness is moving just as quickly as everything around me.
I'm a 25 year old male, and I experience this as well. I find it kind of disturbing how rare it is. The serverity and length of my "attacks" vary but I tend to get anywhere from 10-20 a year. I seem to remember it being more frequent as a child, but it seems to be making a comeback. I've never brought it up to a doctor and very rarely tell any one about. Those I do tell look at me like I'm a bit crazy. I told my mom about it once and she seemed to think anxiety attacks. I am not an anxious person, so I'm not sure thats true. I can't seem to find any constant with the "attacks".

I would be nice to find out what this is.
  Anonymous's Response
I am a girl and I also experience the exact same thing! I really want to know what it is!