Episode of paralytic attack caused twisted arm and legs, speaking difficulty. What precautions should be taken to avoid recurrence?

Hello doctor My father had paralysis attack in Jan, 2012. currently his treatment is going on from PGI Chandigarh. But after having attack in Jan he had another attacks twice in Aug and Sep. his left arm and leg got twisted completely and he was not able to speak for few minutes. After that he was normal as earlier. My question are: 1. What precaution should we take to avoid these attacks further? 2. Doctor suggest Liofen XL 10 mg to soften his nerves of left arm as this is not working at all, is this fine to go ahead with that? 3. What all action should we take immediately once he has attack? 4. Any medical advice to bring back him to normal activities of his own?
Asked On : Sun, 23 Sep 2012