Epididymal cyst in right side of testicle. Surgery recommended. Any contraindication of surgery in becoming a parent?

Good day I have Epididymist cyst in the right side of testicle and it s confirmed through ultrasound . I found it last quarter last year. I consulted 3 doctors about it and the three doctors suggested that I must have surgery if it makes me uncomfortable though they said that it isn t serious. But honestly speaking I m nervous although it isn t a major surgery. cuz I ve never been hospitalized way back then. But it seems like I have no choice because it makes me uncomfortable these days and I think it s getting painful. My concern is...the surgery might affect of having a chance to have a baby in the future. I m 28 and single... am I too paranoid???....any idea/s I ll be having my surgery next week I m just waiting for my doctor s call... Thankzzzz....
Asked On : Thu, 9 Aug 2012
Urologist 's  Response
hi, surgery for epididymal cyst involves removal of the cyst through a small incision in scrotum. Usually it spares the semen tube. There is a small chance of semen tube getting compressed due to healing process later on. But if the other testis and semen tube (vas) are normal, your semen will still be adequate. If your cyst is not too painful, I would suggest you can postpone it till after completing your family. take care.