Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
176 Doctors are Online

Ependymoma, major removal done, awaiting radiation therapy, have headache, urge to pop ears, sensitivity of bright light. Cause?

I have ependymoma 4th ventricle tumor with hydrocephalus . 90% was removed a month ago with remaining 10% on my brain stem and waiting on radiation therapy . I have a headache that feels like a headband is way too tight. My ears feel like I need to pop them, and bright lights hurt. I don t know what is causing this now, or what to do about it, as my pain meds are not managing this headache.
Asked On : Fri, 19 Oct 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  49
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Neurologist 's  Response
Nov 2013
Thank you for posting your query.

One of the possibilities could be worsening of hydrocephalus. This can be confirmed with a CT scan of the brain. In case, there is hydrocephalus, you may require shunt surgery.

If you had migraine earlier, the current headache could be an exacerbation of the same.
I hope my answer helps. Please get back if you require any additional information.

Wishing you good health,

Dr Sudhir Kumar MD (Internal Medicine), DM (Neurology)
Senior Consultant Neurologist
Apollo Hospitals, Hyderabad, India
Click on this link to ask me a DIRECT QUERY:

Answered: Sun, 15 Dec 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor