Enlarged thyroid. Metallic taste, excessive saliva formation, trouble swallowing. Symptoms due to thyroid?

I have an enlarged thyroid with 7 nodules on it. I m a 52 year old male who was treated with 35 treatments of radiation and also chemotherapy treatment for Hodgkin s disease when I was 25. I am also experiencing a metallic taste and excessive saliva for the past 6 weeks. Trouble swallowing and talking at times when I exert. Could all this be related to the thyroid in which I will have taken out this week?
Asked On : Wed, 7 Nov 2012