Endoscopy, upper lip swollen, put ice pack on it

I had an endoscopy yesterday. I am a 78 year old female. This was not my first endoscopy. My upper lip is quite swollen. I had the procedure at 8:00 a. m. Friday and now, at 9:15 a.m. Sat, my lip is still swollen. I have put an ice pack on it sporadically but went to a meeting last night. I spoke to my friend, a retired nurse, and she said the lip would probably be back to normal today. Should I be concerned. (p.s. I look like I got a free botox treatment )
Asked On : Tue, 17 Apr 2012
Hi mam
Not to worry much about this, since i believe there is nothing in endoscopy which could produce any serious effect on lip except for a bit trauma while handling the scope, and as you know trauma will take a few day like 2-3 for the swelling to settle down.Keep the iceing continued it will prevent any more inflammation.
Hope the swelling subsides soon.
Thanking you
Dr Samir