Endoscopy showed red dots in stomach. Prescribed nexium, advised repeating endoscopy every year. Any ideas?

Yes I had an Endoscopy done , and there was a lots of red spots in my stomach , like a lot of irritation.. my Dr put me on Nexium . did not understand to clear waht he told me ,the only thing I remember was he said the if is not taking care with medication it can become cancer ..can you give me an idea of waht this is.... I MADE AN APPT WITH HIM AGAIN, HE TOLD ME I NEE TO DO THE ENDOSCOPY EVERY YEAR,,,
Asked On : Thu, 31 Jan 2013