Emotional distress, sleeping difficulty, increased aggressiveness due to break up. How can I overcome this?

hi docktor , my name is 18. n so i have been loving this girl..for 5mtnh..n she was playng wit me all the time..i love her 100 per. truely i nvr cheat o lie to her..she left me bcuz i found out that its was love i cried to her..n i did so many thing to make her come back..bcuz i juz love her so much..i tried to comit sucd .n it nvr hapnd..i cut my self..alot of time..its already 9mthn without her ..n im still in the pain..i cant sleep ..i will get angry very fast.i will start punching my self for no reason.i will get very agresive.i can see her every where ...which ever girl look like her ..i will scrd..i cant breath when i think about her at night..!!! .can u help me what wrong with me..n what is the way to over come ...pls tq
Asked On : Sun, 2 Dec 2012
Dear Jagpal Dave,
Hi! The best part of your problem is that you really want to solve it and come out of it. From the description that you have given, it appears that you seem to be suffering from an adjustment disorder bordering on depressive disorder. If you leave the previously mentioned medical jargon, you have developed a psychiatric condition, a minor one though, which surely needs some psychiatric help. A supportive psychotherapy will surely help in relieving your problems. I recommend that you should soon get hold of a psychiatrist and start seeking some help.
There is no reason to delay, if you already have made some suicidal attempts. Hope I am able to solve your concerns.