Elevated tsh, trying to conceive. Will sub clinical hypothyroidism affect brain development to fetus?

Hello, My poco has been motto ring my thyroid for almost a year now. My free t4 has been completely normal but my tsh is elevated it currently is 5.81. She has not treated me with medication because I am not having any symptoms. However, my husband and I are trying to conceive and I am getting concerned once I become pregnant that my sub clinical hypothyroidism will effect brain development to fetus . Should I be concerned or is it safe to motion at t level?
Asked On : Tue, 4 Dec 2012