Elevated rough patch along the line of protrusion caused due to sucking the lip to stretch the skin. Is it worrisome?

I am a 32 year old female with no history of any medical conditions. I am about 35 pounds overweight and I used to smoke about 10 years ago. I am currently living in the carribean now for almost 8 months while I am in medical school, so my diet and stress levels have changed. About a month ago I noticed when I sucked in my bottom lip to stretch the skin that I felt like a tendon or blood vessel proturude out on the inside of my bottom lip, long ways (from my chin to my lip). I can only feel it when I suck in my lip. It is similar to when you strain the muscles in your neck and you can see their definition protruding through the skin. I tried to feel the same thing on the other side but it was normal. A day or so later, a rough patch appeared along the line of the protrusion. The rough patch has been there for about a month now. There is no pain or coloring to it and you can not see anything there. I can only feel with my toungue. Until today, it feels a little elevated and only when I stretch the skin do I see a slight reddish coloring but it is hard to see. Since I am on a small island, I do not have much access to health care. But I wonder if I need to have this looked at?
Asked On : Fri, 20 Jul 2012