Elevated blood pressure levels. Taking inderall for performance anxiety. Any thoughts?

Hello Dr,

I started take 5mg of Inderal for performance anxiety, but also to combat my intense fear of blood pressure machines. It feels great - controls the symptoms beautifully.

My blood pressure (while anxious) has ranged 130 - 150/80 - 95. Not great numbers, but given my heart rate and phobic reaction, my doctor has always said this was okay.

Today however I took Inderal and felt much calmer - but my BP readings on the electronic machine were:

1. 132/96
2. 133/100

Then, on a different manual machine, it was 120/85.

My concern is the diastolic number - it seems in the first two instances very high (considering I was on Inderal and feeling relatively calm). Even on the third (possibly more accurate machine), the diastolic is still elevated. Do you have any thoughts regarding this? I would really appreciate your advice.

Stats: 31, female, good weight, fairly fit, taking 50mg sertraline.

Thank you!!
Asked On : Thu, 28 Mar 2013