Elevated BP, under severe stress due to being detected with triple negative breast cancer. Could stress be causing elevation?

My blood pressure has been very controlled on atenolol and diltiazem (sp?). Stays in the 120s over high 70s low 80s. The last four days its been crazy high like 160/100. I am extremely stressed due to having had triple negative breast cancer and had my blood work done last Thursday. See doc for report tomorrow. Could the stress be causing it to go up, even the bottom number. Plus of course the high blood pressure increases the stress :)
Asked On : Sat, 8 Dec 2012