Echo shows mild concentric left ventricular hypertrophy, dilated right ventricle. What does it mean ?

I was hospitalized with chest pain in 2008 and again last week. I am scheduled for a stress test this Fri. They did an echo with bubbles, the following are echo results. Mild concentric left ventricular hypertrophy . Right ventricle is borderline dilated. Injection of contrast documented an interatrial shunt . Mitral valve leaflets appear midly thicked. Trace tricuspid regurgitation. Trace pulmonic valvular regurgitation. Proximal ascending aorta is 4.3 cm AP. Borderline aortic root dilation.
Asked On : Fri, 1 Mar 2013
Cardiologist 's  Response
Hi friend,
Welcome to Health Care Magic

A shunt is an abnormal communication between the right and left side of the circulation.
Concentric hypertrophy results from work against pressure overload
Dilatation results from volume overload or failure

Diameter of the defect, ratio of the shunt, pulmonary artery pressure - dictate the need for intervention. Regular follow up is a must
Discuss with your doctor

Wishing speedy recovery
God bless
Good luck