Ears pierced, swelling, pus, pain, small lumps in ears, calcium deposits. Allergic reaction?

i had my ears pierced when I was five years old and had zero problems until my late twenties. I ve always had a nickel allergy , but even gold or neobium earring backs caused my left ear to swell horribly after wearing earrings for a day (really badly with pus and pain). There are small lumps in my ears I ve always had (I assume they re calcium deposits or the like), but have no idea why I am reacting so horribly to wearing earrings now.
Asked On : Sat, 6 Oct 2012