Ear started hurting after using q tip. Looking for suggestion

I am not sure if the piece of the q tip got stuck in my ear a few minutes ago cause when I put the q tip in my ear I felt a stick like there was no cotton at the end and when I pulled out the q tip there was no cotton on the end. I am not sure if it was on there to begin with or wtas it already off. My ear hurts a little and I believe its from the stickk part of the q tip. My husband used a flashlight and did not see any cotton in my ear. What do you suggest
Asked On : Thu, 6 Dec 2012
Urologist 's  Response
Jul 2016
Thanks for your query.You have attempted to clean your ear with q tip You are getting pain in the ear and also noticed that there was no cotton attached to q tip when took out the q tip and suspect it be left inside the ear.Please do not put any liquid or medicine in the ear of your own choice.It is better to consult ENT specialist who will carry out examination of your ear and advise the proper treatment.If you have got severe pain you may take pain killer that you can get over the counter at medical store.