Ear pain after water got into the ear. Have ear infection with bleeding. Need antibiotics?

Hi, thank you for taking my question. I am very concerned about my Thai friend who was squirted with water in Bangkok's recent Songkhran festival. He got water in his ear. He has now a very bad infection which began as an earache. There was blood involved. He has been to the hospital twice and is still in much pain. His mother is now taking him yet another hospital. It appears that the water was infected...maybe it came from a canal or river water? What do you think has happened here and which antibiotics should he take?
Asked On : Tue, 23 Apr 2013