Ear blocked with wax, cold and flu. Prescribed antibiotic drops (Otodex),heavy side effects. Continue?

Hi - my GP prescribed a antibiotic Otodex for my blocked ear - its full of wax aparently too deep for me to safely get i also have the a cold / flu & this ear wax came in the middle of the cold - it s been 3 days wax / 2 weeks cold I had it last night 2 drops in my left ear then woke up this morning with a horrible reaction - sweating, diareah, vomiting , stomach cramps i really dont want to take it again although it s meant to be 2 drops 3 times a day for 3 days will my ear clear without this antibiotics when my cold/ flu also goes ? ? ? or do i really need to take the ear drops ? Thankyou for your assistance
Asked On : Mon, 18 Mar 2013