ECG shows prolapse of mitral valve with minimal thickening, mildly dilated Left Atrium. Is heart weakening ?

Hi There, I recently had an echocardiograph done. They found “borderline” prolapsed of the mitral valve with minimal thickening and a mildly dilated Left Atrium . Trivial regurgitation was reported. E/A was normal. E/E was 8.4. All other parts of the heart were labelled as “normal”. I am a 32 year old male. I have a history of Arrythmias and AF. Previous echocardograph (undertaken 6 years ago) revealed “borderline” prolapse, with no regurgitation. Heart chambers were normal. Does this necessarily mean my heart is weakening? Or progressing to heart failure? Is it possible for regurgitation to occur if the Mitral Valve has not deteriorated itself? Thanking you in advance.
Asked On : Thu, 6 Dec 2012