Dull lower abdominal pain, reddish urine, sonography showed stones at the distal ureter end, advised surgery through ureter route. Guidance?

I am having tendecy for formation of kidney stones . I am 65 now and was operated for kidney stones 3 times in the past . I do not smoke and do take only vegetarian food. I wegh 80 kgs. Last one week i am sufferig from dull pain in the lower abdomen and passing redish colour urine. I am also experiencing frequent urine passing tendec\ncy . I am having high BP , High cholesterol and diabetes and taking medication regularly. ultra sonography done yesterday has revealed 3 nos 1.5 cm long stones in the distal end of the ureter . and my docotor has advised surgery through urethral route. Please guide and help.
Asked On : Mon, 15 Oct 2012