Dry throat, diagnosed as post nasal drip. Taken cough suppressant. What could it be?

Hi I wake up every night, multiple times a night with a dry scratchy feeling in my throat . Mainly in one area only. I don t feel like I have a runny nose . Went to the dr and they said allergies, post nasal drop. Told me to take allergie meds. I have done that plus a cough suppressant before bed and nothing is helping. I use a guard at night while I sleep or grinding and tmj and thought maybe it needed to be replaced. Tried that, didn t work. What could it be?
Asked On : Thu, 29 Nov 2012