Dry skin patches on arms that flare and calm freqneutly, get itchy and inflamed. Solution ?

I have had dry skin patches on my arms for over a couple years now but they flare up and calm down to nothing all the time. At the moment it s worse than ever and has spread over my arms. They ve become extremely itchy and inflamed. The patched random disorganised shapes very from the size of a raisin to the size of a kiwi. The patches appear inflamed and red/pink around the outside, the middle is a lighter shade of pink and/or covered with scale-like scabs. Please help me.
Asked On : Mon, 21 Jan 2013