Dry skin, dead skin build-up, black marks. Tried exfoliating soap, scrubbing, no relief. Cure?

I have really dry skin and despite taking showers daily I have spots were dead skin builds up and ends up looking like black marks almost like dirt but not quite, as you can tell its dead skin when you peel it off with a fingernail. What would be the best option to get rid of this as despite scrubbing at spots for 10-20 minutes in the shower the dead dry skin does not come off even with exfoliating soap and clothes.
Asked On : Mon, 11 Feb 2013