Dry non productive cough, more pronounced while eating. have GERD problem. Should I be concerned?

I recently underwent knee arthroscopy--I received general anesthesia . I am one week postop. The procedure was successful so far. My concern is that I have developed a dry nonproductive cough that is irritating me and waking me up at night. It is like it originates in my chest and I cough (day and night) and it goes away. When I eat, it is more pronounced. I do have GERD and I take Prilosec every morning prior to eating. Do I need to be concerned? Or will the irritating cough go away on its own?
Asked On : Sat, 9 Feb 2013