Dry, cracked heels, red line on tops of heels. Cause?

The heels of my feet were very dry, cracked and calloused. I am constantly barefoot at home and teach so am always on my feet. I did use nail scissors to remove areas of thick dead skin. The cracking is gone but, still a bit tough around the edges. I now have a dark reddish (almost a line) around the tops of both heels. What is causing this? It is exactly the place where, if standing, the callous part touches the rest of my heels. I appreciate any feedback and thoughts on seeing a podiatrist. I am a 37 year old female
Asked On : Wed, 2 Jan 2013
hello dear this is a very common problem in women as u have lot of contact with water. using a scrubber is a good option. here are my suggestions.
daily in evening time warm water and pour it in a tub. it should be just warm and not hot, dip ur feet in it for 10 min then remove and use a scrubber to remove dead scales. following this apply xerina cream and sleep. do this for 15 days and later u can just continue with xerina cream. u ll get good results. thank u