Dry, circular, white patches on legs, arm. No help with medications. Suggestions?

Hi doc, in recent days I have noticed the appearance of dry, circular, white patches on my legs and arm . It started as a small patch on my right knee but I notice that each time I try to traet a patch with hydrocortisone cream, another patch appears elsewhere. I am now uncertain about the diagnosis as my doctor keeps giving me different medications . This makes me wonder if even he is certain about what is wrong. I was recently given Flucos Plus. Can t say it is working. I could send photos of the disorder to you. Just give me an email addy and I will or preferably a Blackberry pin.
Asked On : Mon, 18 Feb 2013