Dry and flaky ear, gets watery. Tried peroxide. What is going on?

I am 22 years old and I have dry and flaky ear my left side I pick at it to remove the dry crusty pieces then after it s clean it starts to get watery.i put on some tea tree oil to see if that works what do you think? And I tried alcohol but I think that made it worse, then I tried peroxide but it didnt do anything and I have a minor cut from picking too much
Asked On : Mon, 4 Mar 2013
ENT Specialist 's  Response
Aug 2013
the best treatment for any ear problem is to stop meddling the ear and keep it dry. the normal cleaning process in ear is disturbed when you meddle with the ear buds. the cycle then makes the glands to become active and you end up with a wet discharge which can sometimes be bloody.
do the following:
1.if you are using ear buds to clean your ears then you need to immediately stop doing that.
2.after taking a bath, wipe the ear externally and at the entrance with a clean towel or a cloth but do not meddle inside.
3. if you are experiencing ear block, ear bleed or hearing loss, consult an ENT
note that whenever we speak and chew, the mechanical action of our jaw keeps the ear canal clean and thus you do not need to do any further cleaning